Strength and Conditioning Internships
An internship at Finish First Sports Performance will offer you the opportunity to experience hands-on, individualized coaching with youth, high school, collegiate, and professional athletes, as well as the opportunity to become more familiar with advanced program design, including advanced functional evaluation and assessments.
Unlike most other sports performance internships, you will also have the opportunity to learn about business--sales, marketing, website development, and additional valuable business skills such as cash flow and debt management.
A sports performance coach increases his/her market value by understanding business, especially in a collegiate or professional sports environment--athletic directors and managers prefer to hire coaches that can work within a budgeted financial situation, and have the potential to increase revenues for their business or university programs.
Intern Responsibilities/Duties(Including, but not limited to)
- Assist with marketing, advertising of training, website, camps, clinics, seminars
- Assist with creating new profitable training programs for parents, athletes, coaches
- Assist with camps/clinics as deemed necessary by Director
- Assist with daily maintenance of facility (including, but not limited to cleaning equipment, taking out garbage, etc.)
- Assist with daily business operations (billing, ordering, expenses, membership sales, sales tracking, inventory management, etc.)
- Assist with Newsletter (distribution, writing articles, etc.)
- Assist with various forums, video channels, etc. that Finish First Sports Performance, LLC has a relationship with
- Assist with website development, promotion and maintenance
- Assist with athlete evaluations (learn all aspects of evaluations; perform evaluations with individual athletes and/or teams)
- Assist with athlete programming and coaching (evaluation, program design and implementation)
- Guide/Coach athletes on floor during workouts (program implementation)
- Assist with video production, photographs for marketing, etc.
- Present on performance related topics at various camps, clinics and/or seminars
- Attend various business meetings with Director (pertaining to performance advisory council, marketing, finance, etc.)
- Applicants should be competent in general exercise physiology and kinesiology
- Applicants should be well versed in a variety of training techniques
- Applicants should be professional, clean, honest, and responsible
- Applicants should be good at time management
- Applicants should be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
Applicants must be comfortable interacting with others
(athletes, parents, coaches, etc.)
- (MUST HAVE EXCELLENT INTERPERSONAL SKILLS, ie. a personality!)
- Applicants should be comfortable speaking to groups
- Applicants should be effective and skilled communicators (written and verbal)
Strength and Conditioning Internship Schedule
Finish First Sports Performance internships are scheduled according to three academic terms. All interns are expected to work a minimum of twenty hours per week throughout the duration of their contracted term.
- Term 1: September 1 to December 23 (2 Positions) App. Deadline: 6/15
- Term 2: January 12 to May 2 (2 Positions) App. Deadline: 11/1
- Term 3: June 1 to August 23 (2 Positions) App. Deadline: 3/15 (Dates are subject to change. Please Contact Us for specific dates)
How to Apply
All interested applicants must complete the internship application form online.
If you have any questions, you may Contact Us online, or at:
Attn: Internship Coordinator
Finish First Sports Performance, LLC.
1003 Moon Run Rd
McKees Rocks, PA 15136
Toll Free# (866) 468-2231
--Christian Hanson, NHL Boston Bruins/AHL Providence Bruins
--Miss Pennsylvania America 2011, Juliann Sheldon
--Matt Bartkowski, NHL Boston Bruins/AHL Providence Bruins
--Miss Pennsylvania America 2010, Courtney Thomas
--Brianne McLaughlin, Goaltender, USA Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Team
--Miss Pennsylvania America 2009, Shannon Doyle
--Chris Kushneriuk, Professional Hockey Player for the Bakersfield Condors
--Brock Meadows, Professional Hockey Player, Texas Brahmas
--Elyse Healy, Top 10 Miss PA 2010
--Shauna Rice, 2009 & 2010 Preliminary Swimsuit Winner and Top 5 Finish
--Denny Urban, Professional Hockey Player, Reading Royals
--Michael Houser, Goaltender, London Knights (OHL)
OHL Player of the year 2011-12
CHL Goaltender of the year 2011-12
Hosted at Pure Hockey, Pittsburgh (Neville Island), this clinic will cover such topics as Skating mechanics--Skating Conditioning--Using a skating treadmill--Olympic mindset--Elite level goaltending—Dynamic Vision Training—Specific Nutrition tips for ice hockey--Sleep and Performance--Flexibility Training—Muscle Imbalances--In-season Strength & Conditioning; $45 to attend, limit to first 75 entrants. Sign up today. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Date TBD - Pageant Fitness Weekend Workshop
Details coming soon!
Description of event here
October 19, 2014 - Event Title
Description of event here
|COACH HOY'S READING CORNER|
This is where Coach Hoy shares info about what he is reading now...
Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable
By Tim Grover
For more than 2 decades, legendary basketball strength coach/trainer has taken the greats--Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, and dozens more--and made them greater. Now, for the first time ever, he reveals what it takes to get those results, showing you how to be relentless.
"I like Tim's No B.S. approach to getting it done. You either put in the work, and get the success mindset, or you go somewhere else. That's the way I do it, too. Good read for coaches, parents AND athletes."--Jeremy Hoy
|**** GET STARTED ****|
Finish First Sports Performance, 6400 Grand Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15225