Strength and Conditioning Internships
An internship at Finish First Sports Performance will offer you the opportunity to experience hands-on, individualized coaching with youth, high school, collegiate, and professional athletes, as well as the opportunity to become more familiar with advanced program design, including advanced functional screening, evaluations and assessments.
Unlike most other sports performance internships, you will also have the opportunity to learn about business--sales, marketing, website development, and additional valuable business skills such as cash flow and debt management.
A sports performance coach increases his/her market value by understanding sports and exercise sciences, the fundamentals of movement (kinematic sequencing), having a variety of program design methods, the art and science of coaching and team building, AND business--especially in the ability to work within a budget, and understand how decisions affect cashflow. Interested in opening your own facility some day, or having your own products? Then this is also a great place to start. All interns will receive assignments and must complete an internship project (for specific details, contact us).
Intern Responsibilities/Duties(Including, but not limited to)
- Assist with marketing, advertising of training, website, camps, clinics, seminars
- Assist with creating new profitable training programs for parents, athletes, coaches
- Assist with camps/clinics as deemed necessary by Director
- Assist with daily maintenance of facility (including, but not limited to cleaning equipment, taking out garbage, etc.)
- Assist with daily business operations (billing, ordering, expenses, membership sales, sales tracking, inventory management, etc.)
- Assist with Newsletter (distribution, writing articles, etc.)
- Assist with various forums, video channels, etc. that Finish First Sports Performance, LLC has a relationship with
- Assist with website development, promotion and maintenance
- Assist with athlete evaluations (learn all aspects of evaluations; perform evaluations with individual athletes and/or teams)
- Assist with athlete programming and coaching (evaluation, program design and implementation)
- Guide/Coach athletes on floor during workouts (program implementation)
- Assist with video production, photographs for marketing, etc.
- Present on performance related topics at various camps, clinics and/or seminars
- Attend various business meetings with Director (pertaining to performance advisory council, marketing, finance, etc.)
- Applicants should be competent in general exercise physiology and kinesiology
- Applicants should be well versed in a variety of training techniques
- Applicants should be professional, clean, honest, and responsible
- Applicants should be good at time management
- Applicants should be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
Applicants must be comfortable interacting with others
(athletes, parents, coaches, etc.)
- (MUST HAVE EXCELLENT INTERPERSONAL SKILLS, ie. a personality!)
- Applicants should be comfortable speaking to groups
- Applicants should be effective and skilled communicators (written and verbal)
Strength and Conditioning Internship Schedule
Finish First Sports Performance internships are scheduled according to three academic terms. All interns are expected to work a minimum of twenty hours per week throughout the duration of their contracted term.
- Term 1: September 1 to December 23 (2 Positions) App. Deadline: 6/15
- Term 2: January 12 to May 2 (2 Positions) App. Deadline: 11/1
- Term 3: May 18 to August 16 (2 Positions) App. Deadline: 3/15 (Dates are subject to change. Please Contact Us for specific dates)
How to Apply
All interested applicants must complete the internship application form online.
If you have any questions, you may Contact Us online, or at:
Attn: Internship Coordinator
Finish First Sports Performance, LLC.
1003 Moon Run Rd
McKees Rocks, PA 15136
Toll Free# (866) 468-2231
--Matt Bartkowski, NHL Vancouver Canucks
--Christian Hanson, NHL Forward (Retired)
--Sean Berkstresser (Voss), 9 Year Professional Hockey Player, RMU NCAA D1 Hockey Alum
--Miss Pennsylvania America 2011, Juliann Sheldon
--Miss Pennsylvania America 2010, Courtney Thomas
--Brianne McLaughlin, Goaltender, USA Women's Olympic Ice Hockey Team
--Miss Pennsylvania America 2009, Shannon Doyle
--Chris Kushneriuk, Professional Hockey Player (Retired)
--Brock Meadows, Professional Hockey Player, Texas Brahmas (Retired)
--Elyse Healy, Top 10 Miss PA 2010
--Shauna Rice, 2009 & 2010 Preliminary Swimsuit Winner and Top 5 Finish
--Denny Urban, Professional Hockey Player
--Michael Houser, Professional Hockey Goaltender
OHL Player of the year 2011-12
CHL Goaltender of the year 2011-12
--Andrew Lister, RMU Men's ACHA D1 Ice Hockey
--Matt White, Professional Ice Hockey Player
--Parker Milner, Professional Ice Hockey Goalie (2xNCAA D1 Champ)
--Nick Jones, Professional Ice Hockey Player
--Noah Zamagias, Collegiate Golfer
--Drew Bohn, PGA Professional
Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Golf Fitness Programs
Utilizing our TPI Golf Fitness Certified Coaches, these programs include advance movement screens and analysis specific to golf and your golf swing. Get stronger, more flexible, more powerful, and play consistently without pain or risk of injury. Ask us how we can help you.
Inside Alpha Ice
66 Alpha Drive West
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Finish First Neville Island
6400 Grand Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15225
Finish First Warrendale
103 Marshall Drive
Warrendale, PA 15086
|COACH HOY'S READING CORNER|
Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream
By Dr. Tony Evans
“A kingdom man is the kind of man that when his feet hit the floor each morning the devil says, ‘Oh crap, he’s up!’”
So begins this powerful volume from Dr. Tony Evans, now in softcover. Tony believes that God wants every man to be a world-changer.
He skillfully takes readers along a journey through the principles of biblical manhood, exploring how those who live, work, and minister around a kingdom man benefit from his leadership and care. Men will be challenged to fully understand their position under God as well as their position over what God has given them.
Equipped with these concepts, they can actively pursue ways to maximize and develop the character qualities of biblical manhood in their lives.
As Tony contends, the enemy doesn’t want you to know it, but you’re not the man you think you are. You’re a whole lot more. Starting now, you can be a kingdom man.
"This books is an excellent guide for any man who wants to live by God's design for male leadership in a family!"--Jeremy Hoy
|**** GET STARTED ****|
Finish First Sports Performance, 6400 Grand Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15225